Saturday, September 26, 2015

Following a Unicorn to The Cloisters (NYC - Field Trip)


I came hunting unicorns. 

Long ago, in a job far, far away, I'd heard unicorns resided somewhere here in Manhattan. But that was twenty years ago, in a life that sometimes seems like it was lived by another woman.

Had I not known that the ancient Unicorn Tapestries were here, somewhere, in the most populous of modern cities, I never would have sought out The Cloisters

And I would have missed a time travel adventure.




Secret enclosed pocket gardens filled with aromatic, medicinal, and lovely flowers compliment centuries old architecture.



Hidden chambers flow unexpectedly from a corner you didn't see when you entered the room, and have to look sharp to find.

Mystic arts ensure that ancient beings live on.
 












No comments:

Post a Comment