The latest Enchanted by Sewing Podcast has been published!
Listening Option I) You can listen to the show right on the web by clicking on this link
~ OR ~
Listening Option II) Click on this link to iTunes to download this and other Enchanted by Sewing shows to your mobile device (iPhone, Android, etc.) free from iTunes
Did I miss any links mentioned in the show? If so, please post here and share them with everybody
~ ~ ~
This show is created, produced and brought to you by me! - Laurel Shimer. THE Enchanted by Sewing PODCAST IS, An EXTENSION OF my regular sewing blog - Me Encanta Coser, which, roughly translated means, Enchanted By Sewing
My blog is written in English. The name celebrates the historical and modern use of the beautiful Spanish Language in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, where I live
* * *In my slow sewing July, I focused on sewing just one pink and white striped seersucker sleeveless blouse. Like my CA Summer skies shirt– (that was blue and white checked seersucker shirt ) I sewed and talked about last months show, my new sleeveless blouse, who I call Amaryllis (in honor of the musical, "The Music Man"), has quickly become an important staple of my summer wardrobe. And sewing a few more blouses, as a result of what I thought and learned about sewing this most recent garment, is something I’m considering when it comes to more summer sewing.
In this month’s show
1) Pensamientos Primeros
Slow Summer Sewing – Budgeting my sewing time and energy and coming out on top by improving sewing skills. Increasing my wardrobe choices. It’s about Feeling satisfied with my sewing recreation time and output.
The slow living movement includes slow stitching. Look for more about slow living and sewing on the web
2) Entonces, Technicos y Mas
i) What’s a shirt what’s a blouse? http://meencantacoser.blogspot.com/2014/08/whats-shirt-whats-blouse.html
ii) About Amaryllis, a summer blouse
Music Man Inspiration for this blouses name http://simpleromantic.blogspot.com/2010/08/time-travel-primer-lesson-6-music-man.html
Now I've sewn Amaryllis, I'm envisioning other sleeveless blouses http://meencantacoser.blogspot.com/2014/07/fabric-for-rosa-summer-dreams-blouse.html
iii) Technicos –My Amarylis Blouse
- More Seersucker Sewing
- Sleeveless blouse facings
For my sleeveless blouse facings, I used techniques similar to those I described in my blog posting, Sewing a Fitted Facing, in Oct two years ago
- Seam Finishes - Cut and Pink
- Altering a shirt pattern to become a blouse
3) Pensamientos Finales Blue Skies Sewing - I can't sew it all at once, but I can dream!
A couple of Inspiration Dresses are related to Bustiers, including the Stella McCartney floral http://www.pinterest.com/lrshimer/sewingbustiersinspiration/
Stella McCartney inspired my interest in this pattern for a bustier-related dress, Vogue 8849
I discovered the pattern at this great blog, Fitnottofit http://fitnottofit.wordpress.com/tag/v8849/
I bought my copy of this pattern from
More about designer Stella McCartney http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_McCartney